Dear Parishioners and Friends:
The Delta variant of the Coronavirus has caused a surge in infections and hospitalizations in our area and is affecting both vaccinated and unvaccinated persons. Pursuant to new guidelines from local governmental authorities and our Greek Orthodox Metropolis, our Parish Safety Team has instituted the following changes in our worship safety protocols, approved by the Parish Council, and effective this Sunday, August 29, 2021:
- Masks are required for both vaccinated and unvaccinated persons while attending worship services and indoor activities;
2. Social distancing in the pews will not be re-instituted; however, sections on the north side of the nave will be set aside for those who prefer to be physically distanced from others;
3. Checking in by name upon entering the church will be required for contact tracing purposes. However, no online sign-ups or reservations will be required for attending the worship services;
4. Hand sanitizing stations will continue to be available and encouraged but their use is not required;
5. No changes are being made to the manner of venerating icons, the communion cloth or the priest’s hand;
6. Coffee fellowship hour will continue for those who wish to participate.
We hope that these measures will curb the spread of new infections and protect the health of our faithful and visitors. Adherence to these new protocols will avoid more severe restrictions in the future.
Let us continue to pray that the good Lord have mercy on us and deliver us from this pandemic as quickly as possible.
In Christ our Lord,
+Rev. Fr. Richard Demetrius Andrews, Protopresbyter
Mr. Keith Anderson, Parish Council President
Mr. Alexander Michalakos, Parish Safety Team Chair