“O Lord, how magnified are Your works. In wisdom You have made them all.” (Psalm 103: 24)
About Care for Creation
As Orthodox Christians, we have a responsibility for the stewardship of our environment. The purpose of our Care for Creation Ministry is to encourage commitment, implement programs, and establish community through this stewardship. In addition we also tend to the beautification and conservation of our parish landscape including planting trees, shrubs, plants, and landscaping projects. Our Care for Creation Ministry is one of the first such orthodox church ministries in the United States. Through our ministry, we foster a spirit of volunteerism, community and collaboration in support of our earth and the life it sustains.
- Energy efficient lighting
- Environment Vespers
- Food Garden
- Introduction of Solar Energy
- Natural Landscape Initiative
- Recycling program
- The Orthodox Fellowship of the Transfiguration: A Pan-Orthodox Organization exploring God’s creation and our responsibility for it
- Oikou: A wide-ranging resource for exploring the intersection of all things Orthodoxy and the Environment
- George P Nassos Blog: A timely perspective on environmental issues from the former parish council president
Contact the Care for Creation Ministry
For more information, or to join our Care for Creation Ministry, please contact sspp.care.for.creation1@gmail.